Other reasons to own a Gamecube
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Don't forget about Kilik, he rocks too. Yes Xiangcua does have a long but kind of skinnt

sword. She is very good though.

Ha ha, it seems we pick one character the same and are opposing on every thing else cause I hate stick boy as well. Big Grin
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:Ha ha, it seems we pick one character the same and are opposing on every thing else cause I hate stick boy as well. Big Grin

True although I do like Cervantes a bit as well. What do you think of Astaroth? More

importantly, what do you think of Voldo?
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:True although I do like Cervantes a bit as well. What do you think of Astaroth? More

importantly, what do you think of Voldo?

I hate slow characters ( I?m a semi-pressure fighter) and Voldo is really awkward.
Blight Wrote:I hate slow characters ( I?m a semi-pressure fighter) and Voldo is really awkward.

At least we agree on that, although I hate Voldo for more reason than that. Something

about Voldo just isn't right.
Okay look, Gamecube is good for certain games like Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos , super smash bros. Then it has a handful of games like the resident evil ones, the remake of number one and zero are awesome, other than that you are better of with an x box because gamecube does not have enough memory and processing power to handle most games, so when a game is released on all platforms xbox is the way to go. I still love playing the games i mentioned on the cube but it has a limited range of games. Oh and the only reason I bought soul calibur 2 was to play as Link. (Nuff said)
geo85 Wrote:Okay look, Gamecube is good for certain games like Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos , super smash bros. Then it has a handful of games like the resident evil ones, the remake of number one and zero are awesome, other than that you are better of with an x box because gamecube does not have enough memory and processing power to handle most games, so when a game is released on all platforms xbox is the way to go. I still love playing the games i mentioned on the cube but it has a limited range of games. Oh and the only reason I bought soul calibur 2 was to play as Link. (Nuff said)

I Knew it, see Link rocks!!! WILD STALLIONS!!!!
geo85 Wrote:Okay look, Gamecube is good for certain games like Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos , super smash bros. Then it has a handful of games like the resident evil ones, the remake of number one and zero are awesome, other than that you are better of with an x box because gamecube does not have enough memory and processing power to handle most games, so when a game is released on all platforms xbox is the way to go. I still love playing the games i mentioned on the cube but it has a limited range of games. Oh and the only reason I bought soul calibur 2 was to play as Link. (Nuff said)

What the hell is that dude? I know that the X-Box is the best performing console of this generation, anyone not willing to admit that is a totally obsessed fanboy, but if you are going to talk about a weak console on the specs side of things The Gamecube is not the one to be mentioned. I don't want to turn this into a console vs. thread, but that was crap. Also, I wouldn't use the X-Box as an astounding example of software choice. Rolleyes
Quote:the only reason I bought soul calibur 2 was to play as Link

And that is what I don't like about Nintendo/Link fanboys. I know this is slightly off topic, but let me explain from the begining. I had Soul Edge/Blade on the PS1 when it was pretty much an unknown game and I thought it was fantastic and to this day is still the best 3D fighter on the PS1 IMO. I loved Everything about it. Even when magazines claimed that it was good but no Tekken and all this shit. Then when I was researching getting a Dreamcast, I had already made the decision to, when I opened a mag in a game shop and then suddenly BAM! SoulCalibur is being released for the DC. I was like "WTF!!?? This is the best thing ever!!".

And as I continued to read more and do more research I became more and more excited about, then when I finally got it I was blown away because it was even better than my expectations and was solidified as the best 3D fighter ever. This was an opinion shared by pretty much anyone who knew anything about gaming, constant scores of 10/10 and amazing praise was rightly shone upon the game. I Was mastering SC for 4 years when I hear that SC2 is out in the arcades and will get an eventual console release. As you can tell I was quite excited.

Then in an odd move I heard that it was comming out on the GC (which I thought was strange given the fact that recent Nintendo consoles were not exactly the home of beat em ups) but then I said "hey its SC, I don't care what its on". Then I heard what I thought was a joke or a hoax of some kind, I heard that Link was going to be in it, to which I said "WTF??". Then I heard it was going multiplatform and then every console had to have its own character, Spawn and Heihachi.

Then I accepted it and said "ok, console specific characters...whatever its SC and SC rocks!". But then the media frenzy continued, and escalated into the place where the game itself, sequel to the greatest beat em up ever, was basically redundant and all anyone cared about was these fagotty extra characters.

Now, as we know in general Nintendo fanboys are the worst of the lot (its just true). And the sales of SC on the GC proves this. A bunch of people who never played, cared about or payed attention to the SoulEdge/Calibur world before, were suddenly all going nuts over the game, and why? "Because you can play as Link!!!!!!". These are the people who only bought the game because Link was in it, only ever pick Link and ignore the rest of the game. And if Link was not in it they would ignore the game completely. And as we all know, Link has been cheese-ified beyond belief to suit the average mindless Nintendo fanboy who has not played beat em ups in years because they were not on Nintendo consoles. And THAT is why I hate the inclusion of the new characters, and hate Link being in it and REALLY REALLY despise it when people go on so much about him and the other console specific characters.

Now was this a clever marketing ploy by Namco/Nintendo to sell more copies? yes, but does that mean it was a good thing? hell no, not in my eyes anyway.

Ahhhhhhhhh....I'm glad I got that off my chest.....continue on with then topic now.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
The Soulblade (Souledge or whatever it was called on the PSX) always tasted like Tekken to me. Pure unadultarated crap. The addition of Link was fun I thought, to added to the mindless button smashing. Never cared for Tekken so no PS2 for me, or Todd Mcfarlane's mockery of what a comic book character was suppose to be. Who gives a shit if Link is on the Gamecube, it got some people that never picked up fighting games to buy it and try it out, now the can join the rest of us with lack of good fighting games.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Ryujin are you one of those people that thinks just cause they have followed something since it's beginning you are more entitled to ownership of it? So what if Link is in there. So what if they add characters. You know why I bought the Gamecube version? It isn't because I had played any of the others. I didn't even have either of the systems the first games were on. And it's not cause just cause Link was in there. It was because I heard about a great fighting game with weapon based combat and the only console I had at the time was the Gamecube.

The Gamecube was the first current generation console I ever had so I wanted to play this awesome fighting game where I could play a character from a series I already love. What is so wrong with that? It makes people identify with the game a little better. Even though Link is my favorite character, it isn't cause I have never picked someone else. I've beaten the game with all the characters and unlocked all the extra weapons and beat weapon master mode with all the extra missions and the highest rank. Do you know why Link is my favorite character? Not because he is Link, but because of his move set. I can do amazing things with him, that I can't with other fighters.

If you love the game so much, then why are you letting a few iconic characters ruin it for you? I mean your saying the enjoyment of the game by others is ruining your fun! Even if it was only a marketing scheme, it is perfectly acceptable since so many good games get over looked because the go by unnoticed. You should be happy that it wasn?t a ploy to get a crappy game in to the hands of people by way of these characters.
Blight, I'm not saying that you are like that, or that anyone who owns the GC version is like that. It wasn't even your quote I was talking about. I'm just saying that in general what I was saying does seem to be the case with the GC version of SC.

Again I'm not saying that because I have been with the series from the beginning that I am somehow more entitled to play/like it. But what I dislike is that alot of people only bought the game because Link was in it, and wouldn't have otherwise, which I'm sure you agree is true. Now what I don't like about this is that people are buying/liking it because of something that is associated with it, as opposed to the product itself, that is what I don't like.

I'll give you a similar example, people liking certain bands because of the way they dress and act and their "percieved" image, and not because of the music, its the same thing. Now I'm not saying I hate the GC version of SC or Link, but I do hate people only buying because of Link, that annoys me.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Ryujin Wrote:Blight, I'm not saying that you are like that, or that anyone who owns the GC version is like that. It wasn't even your quote I was talking about. I'm just saying that in general what I was saying does seem to be the case with the GC version of SC.

Again I'm not saying that because I have been with the series from the beginning that I am somehow more entitled to play/like it. But what I dislike is that alot of people only bought the game because Link was in it, and wouldn't have otherwise, which I'm sure you agree is true. Now what I don't like about this is that people are buying/liking it because of something that is associated with it, as opposed to the product itself, that is what I don't like.

I'll give you a similar example, people liking certain bands because of the way they dress and act and their "percieved" image, and not because of the music, its the same thing. Now I'm not saying I hate the GC version of SC or Link, but I do hate people only buying because of Link, that annoys me.

I wouldnt be surprised some people are like that. I wouldnt be surprised if its the same way with all three versions. That's how marketing is everythings based on image to a lot of people...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Ryujin Wrote:Blight, I'm not saying that you are like that, or that anyone who owns the GC version is like that. It wasn't even your quote I was talking about. I'm just saying that in general what I was saying does seem to be the case with the GC version of SC.

OK, I was probably a little over zealous. Sorry. I don?t like posers and people who jump on bandwagons either so I do see that side of things. I love the game and just find it a special treat to see Link in there, especially considering how good a model and move set thy gave him.
Blight Wrote:OK, I was probably a little over zealous. Sorry. I don?t like posers and people who jump on bandwagons either so I do see that side of things.

Yeah its pathetic how people do that...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Blight Wrote:What the hell is that dude? I know that the X-Box is the best performing console of this generation, anyone not willing to admit that is a totally obsessed fanboy, but if you are going to talk about a weak console on the specs side of things The Gamecube is not the one to be mentioned. I don't want to turn this into a console vs. thread, but that was crap. Also, I wouldn't use the X-Box as an astounding example of software choice. Rolleyes
Just to add up? What do you count as the strongest by how? Processing Power? Graphics chip numbers? Or how they are designed and made with specific cpu extensions and graphics extensions to make programming and games better.. Well let me set this straight the Xbox falls flat on its face in this one. because there is none at all.. the PS2 is a custom 128bit graphics chip specifically designed for gaming. You can really see that if you go into how the PS2 works with its bus bandwidth and everything.. its FAR excedes what a computer can do for pumping graphics data through but it does have its shortfals with points.

Also geo tell me how much does a Gamecube have? I am just curius if you actually know or just ramble of what other people say for arguements. One thing in these forums if you wanna try and say thing we perfer that you actually have something to go with them then just blatent comments..

Also out of any of the platforms lighting effects the gamecube can do best because they have added many spefiic lighting effects to the cpu / graphics architecture so it makes it do these better. then anything..

But i am probably like most everyone else i have one of all the consoles and admittinly i only play my GameCube reguarly because it has the games that entertain me. I don't like fighting games (SC etc.) i don't like FPS games (Halo) i like occasional RPG's and action games along with multiplayer games. the only time i ever touch my Xbox is to play emulators or watch avi files that i have downloaded since i have mine modded and pretty much use it as a media player..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The reason to own a gamecube babyeater0 101 36,332 01-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Ryo of Inferno