Toronto Convention NEXT WEEK!!!
Hey folks,

Is anyone else here interested in meeting at the TORONTO ANIME CON which is happening next week (I've linked the site to the title for people who want to know more info).

It will be a great chance to meet our fellow anime fans, talk about shows and other stuff, and get all the cheap Japanese candy that our hearts desire.

Are there any takers?
It's four hours from Detroit.
Four hours from Ottawa.
Only an hour away for me.
I've got crash space if anyone needs it.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
zagatto
from what i know this anime con is a small scale production, why don't u save urself the hassle n $$ for anime north in may

and yes, i do live in toronto
I just thought it was something to do.
I've been to Anime North in the past and it is a good convention.
If I don't get any feedback from other people in this forum, I'm not likely to attend.
Waiting for Anime North in May or CN Anime in August are probably better options.
I'm also likely to attend Wizard World Chicago in August. I haven't really decided which convention(s) I'm actually going to attend this year.

There has also been talk about the Louisiana convention in December.
Should we start a thread looking for a meet and greet at any particular convention for people in the forum this year?
I VOTE FOR NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA IN DECEMBER!!!!!

After party at the Schultz's House!! <--Just kidding!
Though seriously, how many threads have we started on this subject?!?!
I don't think anything will truely solidify our plans until we can get Schultz back in the states! Must have JJ and Schultz at one Con!! Let's not forget me too!!Wink
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
I guess we need more info on that December convention in the south.
I'm up for the drive if anyone between Ontario and Louisiana wants a lift.
I hope there's crash space available at the Schultz residence because I'm sure that I'll be tapped out after paying for gas to get down there.
hehe no worries about gas Zaggy.. hopefully by Dec. i will have my affairs in order and will be able to go too...

as for this upcoming CON... very busy with work and personal life ~_~ plus the damned weather is not helping.... 1 month of beautiful weather and then BAM on first and second day of spring we get so much snow it looks like january.
My vote is for Otakon. I mean it was only the biggest anime con in the US last year. Rolleyes
Otakon sounds nice.
I think part of the reason we're waiting for the New Orleans Con in December is so we can include the Schultz clan. I think it's worth the wait to have them to hang out with.
where is the anime north convention in may ? I live between buffalo and Erie P.A , would be great if its not to far from here- say less that 3 or 4 hours ?
Check out the web site at http://www.animenorth.com/ for more information.
The convention is being held near the airport which is on the side closer to Buffalo.
Depending on the speed you drive, the convention is between 90 minutes and 2 hours from Buffalo. That route also takes you within 10 minutes of my place.

I just realized that will be the long weekend in May and I'll probably have to do some sort of family thing. I'd rather do the convention if there are going to be fellow IA members there. I'll have to see what sort of deal I can work.
Any conventions in/near Austin, Texas. That NO one aint too far away. Just wondering if there were any others. Thanks Big Grin