Golden Age of Anime
I like to see CG coloring. Which nearly evey anime uses today. It is clear and crisp, but at the sametime you lose a little of the feeling of the artists who made it. For the most part I hate CG especially when it blows, and I stayed away from FFU because I heard of the horrendous CG.

If there are still quality shows being made then to me it is still the Golden Age.

I have to say though that some Ages have been more Golden than others though. :mrgreen:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:Originally posted by "OptimisticOx"

well I try not to focus on one single time period but rather each indavidual anime, but I also do not really like CG in modern animes, it just seams out of place most of the time.

We're not focusing on a single time period. I was mentioning the "Golden Age" of anime in which anime progressed. That's about it. I wasn't basing series on a whole just from the time period because there are great series from the 90's and even the 60's.

Though for the most part we have to admit that stories might be decent from the 90's, but there has been some poor execution as of late.

We interview each individual anime, but how would that help to define any Golden Age? (look at the name of the thread).
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Quote:Originally posted by "Vicious"

I agree that the best stuff was made in the 80's. I don't feel like typing as much as Steve did. Tongue

Yeah I wanted to debunk Sanosuke's comment on Akira and EVA (even though there wasn't a general time period at all).

He just said there was little effort put into the previous posts. I wanted to prove him wrong (my post is a testament to that).

By the way Sanosuke, I have absolutely nothing against you at all. Just didn't agree. ^_^

Steve

I personally agree that EVA is overrated as well. It's personal preference I guess, but it wasn't grounbreaking IMO. Only thing about Akira is that it was ahead of it's time when it comes to the animation itself. The drawings were great considering it was made in 1988.
Yeah but the movie's story wasn't. The manga wasn't finished at the time so, the show went nowhere. Pointless. Sad

True Steve how can you wright a anime srcpit on a series that wan't even complete. Then I also had a hard time just following the story...

But there are and will be some anime that makes's look like the "GA" is still around.... Just like Steve pointed out there hasn't been no great leaps forward in anime in a few years now. I feel the reason for this is the transfere from Japan to US. DBZ may still be popular in Japan but it has lost a lot of followers. And most of the anime community has moved on. In the US thought it's like we just got it and in reality there are a few of us who have seen the end of DBZ back in 1999.

I thought I was wrong when "Now and Then" came out. But after watching the series (that I enjoyed so much and would recommend to any one to watch) I was left feeling empty and wanting more from a story that went no where...

I do believe that we are in the age of "Lets Finish This" Good examples Ninja Scroll the series, Bastard final OVA, and second season to a few others that were only suppose to be one. But the biggest one that is in this list is Bezerk all the letters and outcry for how it was ended has made the Production company turn heels and crank out a second and final season... 8)
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

OptimisticOx Wrote:well I try not to focus on one single time period but rather each indavidual anime, but I also do not really like CG in modern animes, it just seams out of place most of the time.

We're not focusing on a single time period. I was mentioning the "Golden Age" of anime in which anime progressed. That's about it. I wasn't basing series on a whole just from the time period because there are great series from the 90's and even the 60's.

Though for the most part we have to admit that stories might be decent from the 90's, but there has been some poor execution as of late.

We interview each individual anime, but how would that help to define any Golden Age? (look at the name of the thread).

I was just repling to the topic in general, not your post, sorry if this caused any confustion
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......
THERE ARE MAD KILLERS OUT THERE!!!

[Image: optimisticox.jpg]
Morg, are they going to make more episodes of Bastard? I hadn't heard that. It's about damn time!!!
Yea I'll have to track down the site I saw it on and it was in Japanese I also need to read up on the Voltron manga that is getting made that was in Feb's issue of NEwtype near the very end of the Magzine
Here's a link http://www.rightstuf.com/resource/gh_80s.shtml where they are explaining the history of anime and they consider the 80's as the golden age. Alot of what they talk about is Takahashi's works during that decade.
Thanks Vicious, great site. It is due to one of those sites/reports that I brought up the topic. On that note with the "GA" giving life to series that had ended but like a Phonix are reborn in America (aka DBZ) like a second coming of the "GA" which is why I belive most anime fans say, "The golden age still is going"
There are still plenty of anime coming out that would warrant me saying that we are still in the Golden Age. How could you deny the greatness of shows like: Azumanga Daioh, Hajime no Ippo, One Piece, Excel Saga, Love Hina, Inu Yasha, Berserk, Hikaru no Go, and the list can go on and on. With shows like these how could he deny that the Golden Age is still going on.

And let us not forget some creators that are keeping the golden age alive: Yasuhiro Nightow, Akira Toriyama, Rumiko Takahashi, Oda Eiichiro, Hayao Miyazaki, Akamatsu Ken, this list could go on and on as well.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
yeah, one piece is still going on and I consider it the best. but I think this would still be something like the silver age, though.
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......
THERE ARE MAD KILLERS OUT THERE!!!

[Image: optimisticox.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by "kakoi_sugoi_yama"

There are still plenty of anime coming out that would warrant me saying that we are still in the Golden Age. How could you deny the greatness of shows like: Azumanga Daioh, Hajime no Ippo, One Piece, Excel Saga, Love Hina, Inu Yasha, Berserk, Hikaru no Go, and the list can go on and on. With shows like these how could he deny that the Golden Age is still going on.

And let us not forget some creators that are keeping the golden age alive: Yasuhiro Nightow, Akira Toriyama, Rumiko Takahashi, Oda Eiichiro, Hayao Miyazaki, Akamatsu Ken, this list could go on and on as well.

Yeah, but those shows aren't a new concept, just different execution. From what I understand One Piece, and Inu Yasha are nothing but journey series, that have been done well, in the 80's.

Other shows like Love Hina, copy Tenchi from the early 90's.

However I agree with Kakoi. Despite experiencing a wonderful growth in the 80's anime is still very much alive. I can wholeheartedly look into the future with a serious passion or anime.

However, it's interesting to realize some of the recently liscensed series for DVD, Maison Ikkoku, Aura Battler Dunbine, City Hunter, Macross, and the like. :mrgreen:

Yes Kakoi, there are still grteat anime coming out. All those are great examples, but like Steve pointed out there has been no leaps in Anime in a while. The same stories in new box. But I feel there has been a turning point. Where we are entering a new age. Where it is no longer about a super, or larger than life person. But something that maybe in a 10 years could be true. One of these Angelic Layer. That is a great idea. No longer do we feel we could never do that but now it is more like yes we can and if the technolgy were here we would all be apart of it.

I think that is a course anime is going to go or the leaps are going to be made in the it's now here now but in a the near future yes...